Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pattern Paper Layered Christmas Tags

Thanks for joining me today for this weeks Papertrey Ink Design Team Tip!

Today I've got a simple and easy-to-assemble holiday treat for you.  A quick way to dress up all those Christmas gifts... pattern paper layered tags!  This truly is such a simple concept and I've thought to myself many times as I was creating these... Why did I never think of this before?!?!  

Check them out...
They feature a pop of color and pattern behind a simply stamped tag, all tied up with a little bit of baker's twine.
Here's How: Start off by die cutting two identically shaped tags, one from pattern paper and the second from cardstock that matches nicely.  Trim the bottom edge off from the cardstock tag and stamp as desired.  Tie the two tags together with ribbon or twine.    
My go-to decoration for Christmas gifts consists of... kraft paper wrap, wide ribbon and a pretty tag.  I just love how the pattern paper and hand stamping really pop and make the tag take center stage against the simple wrapping.  This tag was made using the Tag Sale #5 die, a sentiment from from the 'Tis the Season Sentiments stamp set and lights from the Come All Ye Faithful Additions stamp set.
This one features the Tag Sale #5 die and a sentiment from from the 'Tis the Season Sentiments stamp set too.  Along with trees from the Holiday Cheer stamp set.
Here's A Tip:  Using a tag die that features a fancy bottom edge adds yet another interesting and sweet detail.  This one features the Tag Sale #7 die, a sentiment from the 'Tis the Season Sentiments stamp set and snowflakes from the Two Feet Deep stamp sets.
These will definitely take my gift wrapping up a notch this Christmas season, and of course throughout the year for many other occasions too. I hope it does the same for you!  Just a Note:  all pattern papers are from the Studio Calico Gingerbread add on kit.

That's it from me today.  I hope you too will give these adorable tags a try.  Have fun!

Thanks for stopping by.

Maile

30 comments:

  1. Those are such elegant tags! Love how the tag is the focal point on the package. Very stylish packages indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously so smart! This just made my season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing your tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super idea! This also will help me make a dent in the Christmas papers I seem to buy but have a hard time using. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really wonderful, Maile, thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right! What a fab way to dress up tags! TFS your awesome idea and samples, Maile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun, easy idea! Love that all my tags will coordinate with my package! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always have difficulty using my patterned papers. This is a great way to incorporate them with a simple Kraft wrapped gift. Thanks for the suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a good idea, could even add a gift card pocket
    underneath!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'm switching to Kraft wrapping paper! It will make life much, much easier. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous idea, I love it. The tags are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ack!!! I've been looking for ways to use up my patterned paper, and this will shoot right the to top of my list! WONDERFUL IDEA!!! LOVE it, and you're right, I'm surprised no one has thought of it before. I will certainly be doing this. You are such a trend-setter. I don't often comment, but I absolutely could not pass this one by without saying something. I've been lining the insides of my cards with patterned paper, and making envelopes with it. Now I will also be making tag backings. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maile, this is such a fun and unique idea for making those tags and giving the patterned paper way more oomph than it gets when it's simply glued behind the first layer!! Thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this idea! Thank you so very much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I love the kraft paper too. It's easy for things to get lost or just look messy when using ribbon and tags on patterned wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tags - what a creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BRILLIANT! I'm going to start die cutting tags right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome idea, Maile, and your packages look fabulous. Love how the tags really pop against the kraft paper. Can you believe I don't own a tag die yet? We just don't give gifts much any more but want some under my tree for decoration. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tags, Maile! Thanks so much for sharing them with us...you are so clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing idea, Maile - I wouldn't want to unwrap that present - too beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. These tags are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Maile, this is the best idea ever! Your tags are beautiful and I definitely am going to use this idea. Thanks so much! You have such a brilliant mind.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a Fabulous idea Maile!!! I'm definitely going to give this a go one of these days! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Want to Make Website or Software...? Any Type of Website and Software and Desktop and Web Based Applications.
    Want to Make Now, Just Contact us at Skype
    Skype : Jobz.Corner

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS